Work For Us
Area Manager – South East
Do you want to make a difference in Education? Have the autonomy to manage your own area and meet targets? Join us to ensure schools across the South East access skilled and committed governors, to help raise their standards and give children the best start in life.
About Governors for Schools
Governors for Schools is an education charity that connects skilled and committed professionals with schools and academies who need governors. We exist to improve education outcomes for England’s children, and we know that a vital key to ensuring strong school performance is highly effective governance. By finding, nurturing and supporting a diverse and talented network of governors, we help to drive systematic change in how schools are run. We have placed over 10,000 governors in the last 5 years.
We have excellent relationships with blue chip companies, giving access to highly skilled business people, and we match these skills to those wanted by schools. We also offer high quality e-learning and a series of Business Governor Network events.
Governors for Schools is evolving and growing with the leadership of CEO Louise Cooper, who has a background in business and social enterprise. By developing the services we offer, and expanding our work with corporate supporters, key partners and within local communities, we are supporting schools to achieve excellent governance. It is an exciting time to be part of our organisation and make a real difference in education.
Job Title: Area Manager – South East
You will be working as part of a team which is responsible for conducting efficient volunteer management and recruitment, business development and partnership building, to help the organisation reach its objectives of placing governors in schools.
Main purpose of job:
- To recruit skilled, committed and engaged school governor volunteers and facilitate their placement into suitable schools within designated areas of responsibility and to ensure the efficient management of all service users.
- To raise awareness of school governance and the services provided by Governors for Schools.
Note this role is with the National Team; the South East excludes the London boroughs.
- Responsible to: Area Manager – National Team Leader
- Works with: Schools Account Manager, Business Development Manager and Other Governor for School team members
- Location: Central London
Main tasks of job:
- Support volunteers through the school governor appointment process, from
application to placement. This involves corresponding with a large volume of
volunteers within your areas of responsibility.
- Promote the services of Governors for Schools to schools in agreed areas.
- Provide schools with suitable volunteers, this includes the recruitment of
volunteers for specific vacancies.
Supporting and new companies/organisations
- Develop and nurture relationships with supporting companies, university and
other organisations in the South East to recruit school governor volunteers.
- Encourage businesses to adopt school governance within their volunteering/CSR policies.
- Promote the services of Governors for Schools
- Coordination and active involvement in recruitment campaigns in the South
- Develop innovative and cost effective approaches to volunteer recruitment
with National Team Leader and Marketing & Communications Manager.
- Maintain and develop relationships with appropriate Local Authority governor
services departments within your areas of responsibility in order to:
- Place Governors for Schools volunteers
- Use LA communication channels to promote the services of Governors for Schools
- Obtain details of governor vacancies
- Increase the efficiency of the placement process
- Ensure volunteer, school and company records are up-to-date with all recent
activity and information.
- Successfully completing the above responsibilities will support the achievement of
annual recruitment and placement targets for the South East and the organisation as a whole.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform
different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.