Our school governors are top of the class.
We have 17 years of recruitment experience in matching high calibre volunteers with schools across England, including academies, free schools and nurseries. Our bespoke governor recruitment service provides schools with access to a wide talent pool of skilled volunteers from big name organisations. With their professional experience and expertise they can help bridge the skills gap on your governing board.
Working with Governors for Schools
- We provide you with a service that is tailored to your needs. Our vacancy form allows you to specify exactly the skill set you are seeking and we introduce you to candidates that match your requirements.
- We broker the relationship with potential governors on your behalf saving you valuable time and ensuring that volunteers are prepared for the role.
- Our dedicated team and robust processes mean that we keep working to fill your governor vacancy at all times.
What our volunteers bring to your governing board
We will always use Governors for Schools. After receiving suggestions, we then meet the applicants to discuss the role, giving them information and clarification. We are a federation of special schools so we ensure that all applicants are fully briefed. Working on a governing body for a special school is highly rewarding and governing bodies need skilled and knowledgeable people, which Governors for Schools provide.
We believe our volunteers bring these essential qualities to their role as a governor:
- Our volunteers are keen to give back, passionate about ensuring children across England have access to the best possible education and committed to making a difference, working alongside senior school leaders.
- Our volunteers come with various skill sets, professional experience and business know-how that prove invaluable to ensuring effective governance across your school, driving educational standards so children can reach their full potential.
Skills Governors for Schools volunteers brought to their governing board in 2016/2017
Health & Safety
Have a governor vacancy to fill?Register your details now
Business and university partnerships
Governors for Schools works with many business and university partners to encourage governor volunteering amongst their employees. We seek talented governors on your behalf by working with both local and national businesses, forging long term sustainable links. Some of our close partners include:
Training and support
We are committed to ensuring newly appointed governors are up to speed and effective in their roles as quickly as possible and provide a number of services to support them:
High quality e-learning provision, with a suite of four free modules that are essential training for any governor in their first year.
Business Governor Networks
Regularly scheduled Business Governor Network sessions providing governors with an opportunity to hear from experts and network with peers.