We have 20 years of recruitment experience in matching high calibre volunteers with schools across England, including academies, free schools and nurseries. Our free governor recruitment service provides schools with access to a wide talent pool of skilled volunteers from big name organisations. With their professional experience and expertise they can help bridge the skills gap on your governing board.
Working with Governors for Schools
- We provide you with a free service that is tailored to your needs. Our vacancy form allows you to specify exactly the skill set you are seeking and we introduce you to candidates that match your requirements.
- We broker the relationship with potential governors on your behalf saving you valuable time and ensuring that volunteers are prepared for the role.
- Our dedicated team and robust processes mean that we keep working to fill your governor vacancy at all times.
We believe our volunteers bring these essential qualities to their role as a governor:
- Our volunteers are keen to give back, passionate about ensuring children across England have access to the best possible education and committed to making a difference, working alongside senior school leaders.
- Our volunteers come with various skill sets, professional experience and business know-how that prove invaluable to ensuring effective governance across your school, driving educational standards so children can reach their full potential.
Skills Governors for Schools volunteers brought to their governing board in 2016/2017
Health & Safety
Business and university partnerships
Governors for Schools works with many business and university partners to encourage governor volunteering amongst their employees. We seek talented governors on your behalf by working with both local and national businesses, forging long term sustainable links. Some of our close partners include:
Training and support
We are committed to ensuring newly appointed governors are up to speed and effective in their roles as quickly as possible and provide a number of services to support them:
Six months’ free membership of The Key for School Governors for you and your fellow governors. The Key is the trusted online information service that provides practical guidance and resources to help you to perform your role effectively.